Statement from the Candidate
In 2010 I ran an unsuccessful campaign for the United States Congress, but I'm still posting blogs that I believe express an opinion that most other people miss, and that I also believe can make America great again and cast off the yoke of liberal/progressive control that is currently in place.
Saturday, July 10, 2010
1. Immediately defund, and then repeal, Obamacare.
2. Repeal the Financial Reform Act.
3. Abolish the E.P.A. and the departments of Education and Energy, reduce their budgets to zero and repeal their enabling legislation.
4. Defund Obama’s czars and call them to testify before congress, under oath, as to what they are doing and with whom they are doing it.
5. Defund the 16,000 new IRS agents Obama proposes, then get rid of the IRS completely and move to the FAIR tax.
6. Dismiss all federal employees whose positions are rated as non-essential.
7. Get the U.S. out of the U.N.
8. Return all money saved above to the U.S. Treasury to pay down our debt.
Our nation has reached the point at which it can no longer afford liberals and their governmental agencies issuing restrictive directives and laws and controlling every aspect of our lives and the economy. We’ve reached the tipping point at which the offending agencies must be abolished and their employees sent home and the lights turned off. In November, from all reports, we will likely rid ourselves of the liberal legislative members of our government by voting them out, but the administrative agencies just keep pumping out regulations and directives no matter which party is in power, and they can only be stopped by depriving them of funds and people, which must be done by the next congress being courageous enough to abolish them, thereby calling Obama’s bluff. If these and other serious steps aren’t taken to save our government our children will have very unpleasant lives ahead of them as our government just keeps growing and smothering our private lives. This bluff is not an option: begin the degrowth of government and keep taxes low and our nation will prosper once again. By Dave King