Recently Barack Obama stated that soon he will call the “bluff” of lawmakers who have spoken in opposition to his outrageous and ruinous deficit spending. Our child president wasn’t at all clear as to what kind of bluff he will be calling, but you can bet he will propose raising taxes to help float the deficit a while longer in order to kick the can a little further down the road, but conservatives must themselves call the president’s bluff and oppose raising taxes, absolutely and completely, on an already underemployed and overtaxed nation. Instead the next congress must propose all or part of the following in order to stop the government control and over-spending we have seen the last 2 years. The following list will absolutely save hundreds of billions of dollars each and every year into the future and will as a result encourage business expansion and a reduction of joblessness while paying down the debt and removing big-spending, life-controlling liberals from our official lives:
1. Immediately defund, and then repeal, Obamacare.
2. Repeal the Financial Reform Act.
3. Abolish the E.P.A. and the departments of Education and Energy, reduce their budgets to zero and repeal their enabling legislation.
4. Defund Obama’s czars and call them to testify before congress, under oath, as to what they are doing and with whom they are doing it.
5. Defund the 16,000 new IRS agents Obama proposes, then get rid of the IRS completely and move to the FAIR tax.
6. Dismiss all federal employees whose positions are rated as non-essential.
7. Get the U.S. out of the U.N.
8. Return all money saved above to the U.S. Treasury to pay down our debt.
Our nation has reached the point at which it can no longer afford liberals and their governmental agencies issuing restrictive directives and laws and controlling every aspect of our lives and the economy. We’ve reached the tipping point at which the offending agencies must be abolished and their employees sent home and the lights turned off. In November, from all reports, we will likely rid ourselves of the liberal legislative members of our government by voting them out, but the administrative agencies just keep pumping out regulations and directives no matter which party is in power, and they can only be stopped by depriving them of funds and people, which must be done by the next congress being courageous enough to abolish them, thereby calling Obama’s bluff. If these and other serious steps aren’t taken to save our government our children will have very unpleasant lives ahead of them as our government just keeps growing and smothering our private lives. This bluff is not an option: begin the degrowth of government and keep taxes low and our nation will prosper once again. By Dave King