Statement from the Candidate
In 2010 I ran an unsuccessful campaign for the United States Congress, but I'm still posting blogs that I believe express an opinion that most other people miss, and that I also believe can make America great again and cast off the yoke of liberal/progressive control that is currently in place.
Sunday, March 27, 2011
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
1. Eric Holder was appearing before a congressional committee and was trying to explain why he didn't go for final conviction and punishment of a New Black Panther Party member who had violently intimidated voters in a previous election, and his amazingly odd and rambling logic found him mentioning "his people" who were denied civil rights thirty years ago, and not concentrating on the "people" who were denied their voting rights two years ago.
2. Louis Farrakhan was speaking on a radio program about Obama launching missiles against Libya and warned Obama that this kind of attack would alienate him from his "people in Africa and throughout the world".
3. When Obama was trying to get his nerve up to defend the citizen forces rebelling against Kaddafi he went to the United Nations to get courage and approval, not to the congress that he's constitutionally required to consider, whose members were elected by "we the people" of the United States and who Obama declared the president was required to get approval from when our Barry was a senator and railing against Bush for being militant.
None of the "people" referred to above (Holder's people, Obama's people or the people of the United Nations) are the "people" of the United States of America who the president and attorney general are sworn to serve and whose constitution they swore to protect. So what the hell "people" are these fools referring to exactly? It certainly is not the "we the people" mentioned in the constitution, and we'd better fear we don't find out who these perverts are really serving and answering to before the last two years of Obama's administration have expired, or our lives may be unalterably and unpleasantly changed forever and our freedoms ripped from us.
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
In the late 1960s, Paul Ehrlich wrote a book (The Population Bomb) wringing his hands about the millions of deaths by starvation he predicted were imminent in India, Bangladesh and other poor nations, because of the insufficient crops these nations were growing. Of course Mr. Ehrlich wanted government controls and a reduction of the wealthier nations' living standards to help remedy the predicted disaster. But instead, and to the chagrin of the likes of Mr. Ehrlich, we now know that nations like India are net exporters of food, and instead of the western nations having to live less well, countries like India are now living and eating much better than when Paul Ehrlich wrote his books. The poorer nations are not living better because of government intervention, but in spite of it. It was the free market, exclusively located in the mean and wasteful affluent west that developed seeds that would produce crops resistant to weeds, bugs and drought, and allow people in the poorer nations to live better lives.
So now we're seeing shortages again in poor nations and we can readily identify government, and in particular the Obama administration, as a major contributor to the suffering, while our immoral president enjoys golf games and Martha's Vineyard vacations, eating Kobe beef and living in the lap of tax-payer-provided luxury, and at the same time telling us how we all must sacrifice, eat less and take fewer vacations in order to make ends meet. The Obama administration has directly, with its own policy edicts, caused corn products to be removes from the food market and be diverted to fuel usage for the administration's personal and political interests, and this diversion can be directly blamed for the food shortages and the increased cost of food we see around us, thus causing the poorest to suffer most.
And although the United States consumers are less immediately impacted by the redirection of food to fuel, we are seeing inflation in our own country in both the cost of food and of the fuel we use in our homes and cars, as the fools in government edict that our own domestic drilling for oil and gas be halted.
There is no doubt that eventually the market place will solve the problems the world is having with food and energy costs and shortages, but the painful situation need never have developed in the first place if government, our own in particular, would have abided by the limited and enumerated powers listed in our constitution, and not attempted to change the way we live based on the idiotic and destructive theories of Mr. Obama and his unconstitutional czars. The time-proven practices of production and economics that have developed over centuries of individual, profit-driven markets have produced wealth and plenty for the world, and Obama's policies are destroying all of it, and within the span of one fool's administration. Will this immoral man never stop? If he isn't defeated in 2012 our nation is finished!
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
The large and violent response to Mr. King would cause one to believe that the protesters do have something to hide. If they didn't, they would welcome an investigation that would absolve them and that might at the same time identify dangerous radicals in our population who threaten Christians and Muslims alike. And the only reason Muslim radicals are being singled out is because there are no international gangs of Buddhists or Baptists who have stated that they want to kill Americans and send airplanes into our buildings.
Monday, March 7, 2011
1. We are defrauding young people by making them pay FICA taxes when we know that there will be no Social Security money available to them when they reach retirement age. To be fair with them, we must allow them to keep the money they are forced to pay to FICA, and instead invest it in directions that will benefit them in retirement. This action would also reduce the number of people making demands on Social Security in future years, thereby reducing related expenses to the government.
2. Under the Department of Education our children's education is much worse than when the Department was formed. This failure on the part of the Department, and its increasing budget every year in spite of its failures, demand that it be disbanded and abolished. This would save the government hundreds of billions of dollars each year, and education would be improved by returning all decisions regarding education to the local school districts, two very favorable outcomes.
3. Are gas and oil more plentiful or less expensive now than they were 5 or 10 years ago? No, they're not! So we must abolish the Departments of Energy and Interior and thus save additional hundreds of billions of dollars each year. Any department that is failing the nation must be gotten rid of so we can move on.
4. Is the EPA being true to its enabling legislation and protecting the environment as congress ordered them to do upon its formation? No! The agency is writing its own rules and is going rogue with new regulations that will strangle business and the economy. This entire agency must be abolished if we are to save our prosperity and liberty, and we could save additional tens of billions of dollars each year with it gone.
The above list is a series of "tough decisions" that will really save significant money each and every year, and each would make the nation better and freer, but I've heard no one propose them yet.
So, Kevin I appeal to you, keep up the good work so far, but get busy immediately on the really "tough decisions" that will make a meaningful difference to our nation. This would truly make you a leader, not a career politician, and would prevent your becoming a professional follower.
Thursday, March 3, 2011
Banfield's theory would also explain why liberals cause such pain and suffering: they are unable to apply principle to their actions and can't visualize the future and the down-side of their actions (they feel good about handing out welfare to the poor, and generous retirement packages to government employees, without considering that welfare recipients will get trapped in dependency and that government retirees may one day be left with a reduced retirement when the money runs out, as we are currently seeing). They claim their compassion causes them to be overly kind in their givings, but actually it's because they are honestly unable to comprehend the future results of their actions and because it's not their money they are doling out.
At present we are facing an increasingly violent response from liberals as they face an end to the heyday they've had and the promises they've made for the last 40 years. The mobs in Wisconsin show where all states, cities, and eventually the federal government are headed now that we have responsible adults in charge of policy, and the liberal juveniles are objecting to having their lavish spending policies reversed. Our nation is nearing destruction, and still liberals cannot see the over-reaching they've done and the misery they've caused. We must stand firmly behind all politicians who are serious about reducing spending and reducing the size and intrusiveness of government, or we all will face a future that is bleak and uncomfortable, and our children will never know the joy of living in a free and prosperous nation.
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
There is a pattern of violence and racism in the Obama administration that is troubling and dangerous for our nation. From Obama stating that liberals should punish their political opponents after winning an election, to his suggestion that his followers take a gun to a knife fight, to Eric Holder announcing that he has "people" he will defend over others, to Obama defying court orders related to off-shore oil drilling and the Obamacare legislation, to Obama's arbitrarily announcing that the Defense of Marriage Act is, in his political opinion, unconstitutional, and will no longer be defended by his administration, it appears that lawless, totalitarian clouds are forming on the political horizon.
Be very afraid of Obama, Holder and their "people".