Statement from the Candidate
In 2010 I ran an unsuccessful campaign for the United States Congress, but I'm still posting blogs that I believe express an opinion that most other people miss, and that I also believe can make America great again and cast off the yoke of liberal/progressive control that is currently in place.
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
We Must Reverse Our Nation’s Statist Decline
In order to put our house back in order, to stop the spending and stop the over-regulating, I insist we do the following:
1. Obamacare: defund it if we must and repeal it if we can.
2. Finance Reform: defund it if we must and repeal it if we can.
3. Release from service all federal employees rated as “non-essential”.
4. Deny funding to Obama’s czars, then subpoena them to testify, under oath, before congress, to justify their policies.
5. Deny funding to the 16,000 new IRS agents.
6. Repeal Cap and Trade legislation.
7. Defund if we must, repeal if we can the E.P.A., the Education and Energy departments and repeal their enabling legislation, then release their employees from service.
8. Get out of the United Nations.
9. Complete the wall across our southern border and station Military personnel there until finished.
10. Lower taxes on corporations and offer tax incentives for capital expansion for businesses.
These things and others will allow us to save billions of dollars and reduce the lack of capital and the regulations that are choking job growth and stealing our freedoms. Big government, due to recent liberal over-reaching, has proven itself to be our greatest problem, and if we allow this moment in history to pass without restoring our nation to common sense, constitutional adherence and sanity, we will be condemning our children and grandchildren to a bleak, harsh future, the likes of which we can only imagine.
As stated in a previous Blog Post, as a candidate for the U.S. House from the 3rd District of Kansas, I pledge, if elected, to seek to enact the items listed above in the first 100 days of the next congress.